School To School support is delivered by a team of Consultant Teachers in SEND and Specialist Leaders of Education. As a team we support mainstream and specialist settings ranging from Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS), primary, secondary and Post 16.
Our Consultant Teachers in SEND are exceptionally qualified and experienced professionals who bring a wide range of knowledge, skills and understanding to supporting children’s learning and developmental needs.
We offer a flexible and responsive service to support all areas of SEND within a variety of settings including schools, families of schools, localities and MATs.
We hold an initial planning meeting with a member of the setting SEND team e.g. SENDCo, Inclusion manager, to create an action plan for the range of work to be carried out through the year linked with the School Improvement and Development Plan when possible. The action plan is updated at the end of each visit and then the impact/progress is reviewed in the final term, which will then inform next year’s action plan.
Our team can focus on individual children with additional learning needs, which could involve carrying out a range of assessments, observing the pupil in the classroom and working alongside adults who support the pupil. We also offer support to school management teams in their work on raising the attainment of groups of pupils, on developing inclusive practices and in responding to national and local developments.
Some of the things we do are…
- Detailed individual pupil assessments with in-depth written reports
- Briefer assessment of individual pupils, with verbal and/or short written notes
- Individual pupil observations
- Observations of pupils with SEND within the whole class, and feedback to key members of staff
- Discussing pupil needs and assessments with parents
- Parent workshops and/or drop-ins around SEND
- Staff training on SEND (twilights, staff meeting, INSETs)
- Role-specific training for TAs
- Role-specific training for NQTS/RQTs
- Role-specific training for class teachers
- Drop-in advice ‘SEND surgeries’ for different staff
- Review meetings, including EHCP support
- 1:1 discussion/support time with SENCOs including moderation around SSGe
- Training across MATs, Trusts, Family of Schools, Localities and groups of schools
- Modelling strategies to staff – both in and out of the classroom
- 1:1 coaching for identified members of staff, around building capacity for SEND children
- Learning walks and written feedback/advice
- SEND reviews
Some of the training we deliver…
- Behaviour support
- Moving and handling
- Motor skills
- Social stories
- Cued articulation
- Working memory
- Developing independence
- Using signs and symbols (Makaton, PECS, etc)
- Literacy skills for SEND children (e.g. writing, reading, FFT, etc)
- Reading Comprehension – Inference
- Visual stress
- Emotional regulation
- Sensory Circuits
- Emotional Literacy
- Clicker 8 support
School to school support is delivered through a clearly communicated core offer to educational settings. This appears on the Sheffield Local Authority Services to Schools website, where Sheffield schools and academies can purchase LA services. For more information please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Schools request the type of support needed and the anticipated number of days. Parents/carers can request support/visits from Fusion SEND Hub via their school.
To ensure evolving needs are met, a range of specialist practitioners are also secured on an “as and when needed” basis.
The current charges for Fusion S2S are £265 per half-day visit. For more information about how to access and subscribe to our Service, please contact email@example.com
We can also offer schools Specialist Leaders of Education, please click on the button below for more information.