What are NPQ’s?
National professional qualifications (NPQs) are a national, voluntary suite of qualifications designed to support the professional development of teachers and leaders.
September 2021 sees the launch of the new suite of qualifications which is an exciting addition to the CPD landscape and one the South Yorkshire Teaching Hub are proud to be delivering alongside our DfE designated provider Education Development Trust (EDT).
The Specialist NPQs support practitioners towards the mastery of relevant expertise, giving them the knowledge and tools to develop others and extend their influence beyond their own classrooms. The Leadership NPQs guide experienced and aspiring leaders through learning, that examines the three layers of influence:
- School culture
- The organisational conditions which bring this culture to life
- How these conditions can promote excellent teaching in every classroom.
The courses on offer are:
The Specialist suite
- NPQ Leading Behaviour and Culture (NPQLBC) – For teachers who have, or aspire to have, responsibilities for leading behaviour and/or supporting pupil wellbeing.
- NPQ Leading Teacher Development (NPQLTD) – For teachers who have, or aspire to have, responsibilities for leading the development of other teachers.
- NPQ Leading Teaching (NPQLT) – For teachers who have, or aspire to have, responsibilities for leading teaching in a subject, year group, key stage, or phase.
The Leadership suite
- NPQ Senior Leadership (NPQSL) – For school leaders who are, or aspire to be, a senior leader with cross school responsibilities.
- NPQ Headship (NPQH) – For school leaders who are, or aspire to be, a head teacher or head of school with responsibility for leading a school.
- NPQ Executive Leadership (NPQEL) -For leaders who are, or aspire to have, an executive head teacher or CEO role with responsibility for leading several schools.